Senior Full Stack Developer – Full Remote
Full Remote / Permanent Contract / Start Date: ASAP
At Agroptima we’re developing a SaaS (app+web) made with farmers and for farmers. We have 2500+ customers that use our product to manage and improve their farms. Our vision is to make agriculture more efficient, profitable, and sustainable with data-driven farming.
We work full-remote since 6 years ago and we are advocates of the well-done remote work, which is quite different from the rushed-by-covid remote work. We firmly believe that it is the best way of working and we’ll continue full-remote after the covid limitations.
Doing it well for us means having the right communication tools, ensuring that everything happens online, feeling the human proximity despite the distance (with different types of online social activities within working hours), etc. We are so passionate about it that the women in the team even gave a talk (in Spanish) about it – you can watch it here.
We are looking for a new team member that can contribute to the full stack. The main focus and most of the time will be dedicated to the backend (Python) and you’ll also be able to develop for the front-end (Ember.js) when the task requires it.
How we work:
- We are 10 people in the engineering team including development, design/UX, QA, product, and a bot named Bender. Do you want to know a little bit more about us?
Ferran, Amalia, Laura, Nuria, Quique, Arias, Vero, Pardiez, Vicent and Tony.
- We do flexible 1-week sprints
- We release code to production multiple times per day (using our bot)
- We love pair programming and TDD
- We do peer code reviews
- Our backend uses Python, Django, PostgreSQL, Celery, Terraform and Ansible
- Our frontend uses EmberJS (webapp), React Native (mobile app) and SQLite
What you bring:
- Experience (>3 years) in Python development
- Collaborative person: a humble team player that likes to learn and teach
- Fluent in Spanish and good written English
- Love pair programming
- Can’t live without testing, ideally TDD
- Experience with Django
Even better if you bring:
- Experience building REST API’s
- Experience with component oriented JS frameworks
- Good knowledge of design patterns, clean architecture, etc.
What we offer:
- True full-remote work in a consolidated distributed team (in different parts of Spain)
- Very flexible calendar and schedule
- Agile environment
- 40k salary initially plus an increasement plan in every anniversary in Agroptima.
- 500 €/year training budget: courses, conferences, books…
- Spanish permanent employment contract.
- A good work environment in a very innovative and dynamic company
- 2-3 in-person team events per year, like farm visits, escape rooms or other leisure activities (with the covid situation we do remote leisure and team-building events!)
We hope that you like this opportunity! Take part in the digitalization of agriculture. Write to us at email@example.com